Green IT is often equated with poor performance because high efficiency is usually only possible with limited power. The HDD specialist, Seagate, proves the opposite with the BarraCuda, a clearly economical model. On the other hand, hard drives are not really the power guzzlers in the PC, so the real saving effect should not be overstated.
It is therefore rather surprising that the HDD, despite a significantly lower power consumption percentage, enables a rich data transfer of massive 190 megabytes per second. The BarraCuda achieves this dream value with a speed of 5,400 rpm.
The BarraCuda is very economical, quiet and at the same time extremely fast, even in comparison with many HDDs from other manufacturers. So Green-IT not only convinces the mind, but also the heart.
- Dimensions: 101.6 x 20.2 x 146.99 mm (W x H x D)
- Format: 3.5 inches
- Weight: 490 g
- Capacity: 4 TB
- Speed: 5,400 rpm
- Cache: 256 MB
- Continuous data transfer rate: 190 MB / s
- Average latency: 6 ms
- Connection: SATA 6G
- Power consumption (no load / average): 2.5 / 3.7 W
- Starting current : max. 2 A
- Shock resistance (during operation): 300 G for 2 ms
- Operating temperature: 0 - 60 Â° C